Monday, October 6, 2008

1 year teaching anniversary

I passed my one year anniversary with University of Phoenix. I was reviewed by the school who sent a special representative to "audit" one of my classes. The Chair of the local campus reviewed their findings with me today. The auditor was very kind and stated I was excellent in the classroom and on-line. The Chair went on to say I was the best undergrad finance professor they have. While I might have been tempted to downplay or even disbelieve him I decided that I would simply thank him instead. Which I did. He went on to say he would recommend that I be offered a contract in January - a contract would guarantee me eight classes a year with the right of first refusal for the classes I am qualified to teach. That made me feel really good. It's nice to be recognized for doing a good job. It's nice to recognize that you've done a good job. And I was and I did. A little pat on the back to keep me going for another day.

1 comment:

Lets Get Dirty! said...

Hi Bro,
Been a LONG time since I've blogged so I wanted to take a look at what you have been up to! Congrats on the teaching, I have no doubt you are great at it! Hopefully be able to do a little updating on my blog soon....

Si